I am on a mission to shut Dan up... I mean that in the nicest way possible :) We have many conversations about my grocery store "problem". I frequent a grocery store a few times a week, and it drives Dan nuts! I am on a mission to feed this family on just one single trip to the store. It is not easy...I clearly do not know how to meal plan. The first few days were easy, but then I fully ran out of food...or so I thought! Below are two recipes I threw together, and they are surprisingly good. I kinda felt like I was on that show "Chopped" where you get random ingredients and have to produce something eatable.
This is what I did when I was desperate for some type of cookie... I looked up online "two ingredient cookies" and I found some inspiration...
1. Mix one banana with a little less than a cup of rolled oats- the internet searches said to use two, but I didn't have one, so I threw in a teaspoon of coconut oil
2. Throw in what you have... for me it was a few dried cranberries and a pinch of cinnamon
3. Bake on a greased pan at 350 for 15 min... delish. Jack and Nora LOVED them!
Here is what I did when I had NOTHING to feed Dan for dinner...
1. Found 1/2 pound of frozen ground beef and defrosted it
2. Found some spinach and green onions- chopped up one of the onions and a handful of spinach, sautéed with salt and pepper and added some parmesan cheese
3. Added the above mixture to the ground beef, made meatballs
4. Cooked at 400 for 20 minutes... yum!